Monday, July 8, 2013

quilt show prep

This weekend is the Sisters Quilt Show in Oregon. I will be hoping to head that way Thursday after work. If hubby can work it out that's when I'll pack up and head east. Otherwise I will leave very early on Friday morning. My evenings will be spent binding M's birthday present and relaxing after a long day in the sun oogleing the lovely quilts on display.

I got my White sewing machine back from the repair shop last Wednesday. Now she runs like a charm. It's a 1960's model so I am naming her Doris after a favorite actress, Doris Day.

In honor of the firefighters that died in the fire in Arizona I am making quilts for the family of three of the firefighters. There is still a need for quilters to create a little bigger than lap sized quilt so all members of the family have one. Please go to: http://layersofhopequilting911.blogspot.com/2013/07/information-for-prescott-firefighters.html
to find a family you can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment