Friday, May 17, 2013

Mystery machine

On my new machine it says de luxe 1953 model made in Japan. I lifted it up and found the serial number. My biggest problem is I can't find anything on the internet about this machine. Is it so rare nothing is known about it?  I'm going to take it in tomorrow to get the tension fixed and the little loopy thing, yes that is technical talk, because it looks all bent out of shape. Of course I don't know what it was supposed to look like new but I bet it needs some work too.

Hopefully someone can tell me where to look for info on this fun machine.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a Singer clone machine from the '50's probably made in Japan. Not rare. Have a look on Bonnie Hunter's website , she often talks about these type's of machines.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry. It is a Singer clone from Japan. Not rare but pretty.

      Delete