Friday, March 1, 2013

treasures and such

A couple of days ago I found a good looking older sewing machine. Well older than me anyway. It's a White brand 60 something machine complete with cabinet and many fun accessories.
 The interesting looking hook thing is actually a guide for making straight quilting lines. I read the manual, the original, and it said the hook part goes in the previous stitch line and you will get a straight line as you move along. I can't wait to try this!


While I was out spending the day in the decent weather I stumbled across a White model 77 sewing machine. The tag said it was a 1942. I have yet to be able to check it out to be sure but what I did know in looking at it for a good 15 minutes is it was in great cosmetic shape. Didn't see any rust on the machine and the cabinet, or at least what I could see thru the coffee cups and the huge ceramic chicken sitting on it, was also in good shape and they only wanted $100 for it. The wheel moved smoothly and it had a bobbin in it but I don't know if it worked. I'm wondering if it would be worth the cash to find out.  Here is a picture of it.

 As I moved along I found these quilts. I love the scrappy stars on this one. The quilt just called out to be snuggled under. But the fabrics were just a little too worn for that now.

 A little further in I found this fan quilt. This store had quite a few fan quilts similar to this one. I was also looked and felt like a nice warm quilt but the fabric was a little too worn and both quilts were way to expensive so neither came home with me.

 I moved across the street to another antique shop and found these old relics. My mom was awed when I showed her the picture of the tv. She looked at me and said I remember those. She also remembered the stove.



I was showing these to her from the hospital. My niece was running in p.e class and hurt herself and passed out twice. She got an ambulance ride and after about an hour and a half, which is a record for our hospital, she limped out on crutches with a sprained hip. Ouch! But she has a high pain tolerance and went to school today and then is spending the night with friends.

It looks like I might make it into two of Bonnie's classes here in Oregon in September. Yay!! I am mailing off my registration tomorrow for her Jamestown Landing and Cathedral Stars workshops. I can't wait. I have already started picking my fabrics for Cathedral Stars and am hoping that my neutral triangle left overs from Roll Roll Cotton Boll will be big enough for using in Jamestown Landing.

Well I am tired as my work day started around 5:30am when I got called into work to help with an emergency and I have to work tomorrow. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment