Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fun in Atlanta

Today was spent sewing lots of sstrips for Scrappy Mountain Majesties. I had a great time. Here is a picture of Bonnie talking about placing the blocks in the barn raising layout.
My scrappy mountain quilt is in red and white so I think this layout will work best for me.  There were a lot of great colors and fabrics floating around the class today. 
We had a bit of show and tell during lunch. One gal brought in a dresden plate quilt that she got for a whopping $3.

Another person brought in a quilt that she had finished.
This is just a wonderful quilt. I may have to have one of these in my future.

The guild members have been wonderful. If I were to ever move here I would join this guild. They have a lot of fun and are very welcoming.  After class I was invited to have dinner with guild members and Bonnie. Italian food. Oh so good. probably the best garlic knot rolls I have ever had. We had a great time visiting and eating good food. I am worn out. But I have the 3 hour time difference worked out.

Tomorrow is scrappy spiderweb quilt. I still have to cut down some paper for the stringy part but otherwise I am ready to get sewing. 

Time to clean off the bed and climb in.



1 comment:

  1. How awesome that you're in Georgia with Bonnie! Earlier tonight, I was looking at her pictures and wondering which one of those lucky ladies was you. ☺

    ReplyDelete