Friday, February 19, 2016

More winter, it's not over yet

After about three months of having three inches of ice on my driveway I finally got it removed. It's hard to believe how happy the little things make me. And not 24 hours later we got another three inches of snow. I shoveled in the morning and then again in the afternoon. I did not want to see the ice build up again by driving on it. Thankfully since the last shovel yesterday, all of the snow that has come down hasn't stuck. It is such a relief. I just don't understand how it can snow, alot, when it is nearly forty degrees outside.  

Aside from shoveling snow I have been trying to come up with a new project. Oddly enough, starting another quilt just hasn't come to me.  I am thinking about branching out into the world of soap making. I would like to make some that would work for sensitive skin. My sister has a serious reaction to almost all soaps.  I have the time, for now, to give it a go.  I just need to figure out how to afford the supplies.  Amazon gift cards to the rescue.  When I get the supplies I will have to share my experiences. Even the bad ones. They can serve as a lesson to learn from.

I am also starting to have an interest in couponing. I live in the northwest so those great high value coupons that people seem to get on the "extreme couponing" show are nowhere to be found. Here the coupon savings is a bit silly. I mean really, .50 off when you buy three boxes of hamburger helper. Almost makes a person wonder if it's really worth the effort.  I am studying up to see if there is a trick to it.  We'll see.

It looks like the house we have for sale on the coast might actually sell. It's only been on the market for two years. Many sales have fallen through. We will keep fingers crossed that the end is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment