Tuesday, February 28, 2012

new block and improvements

I finally found my cords that will allow me to download pictures. I spent this past weekend adding much needed vertical storage. I put up a couple of shelves. I wanted two sets on each wall but I had the wrong stuff and I couldn't find anymore. That I wanted.

I then put up a pegboard. I know some people paint them to blend in but I couldn't find the paint that I used on the walls.

I also got to thinking about where I wanted my rulers that they wouldn't get in my way. So it dawned on me to use what I thought of as wasted space. Turned out to be valuable space close to my cutting table and much more organized and out of sight when not in use.I have a wall of closet space except for behind these two doors. The wall these are mounted to is the back of a closet that is in the bathroom.

I have lived here for seven years and just now thouht to use this.

I finished Bonnie Hunter's Midnight Flight block in Quiltmaker's 100 blocks book. I did a LOT of ripping on this block but I do like it. I changed it just a little. I don't have any orangy yellow so I made the little orangy squares red. I really like the way it looks. I am going to make it into a quilt. But I have learned I will have to be VERY careful or else I'll be ripping out a lot of stitches.
Now I will get back to cutting up my scraps into usable sizes. I have almost emptied one big bin of scraps. When done that will leave me with one more to go. This made me very happy to see the progress.

1 comment:

  1. Your block is cute! And I laughed out loud when you admitted living there for seven years and overlooked that storage possibility! I've overlooked the obvious more times than I can say. :O)

    ReplyDelete